6 Tips to Get Your House Ready to Sell
Here are a 6 simple but important things you can do that will make a big difference on creating a great first impression of your home to potential home buyers. Request a copy of our extensive checklist to help you get your home ready!
- Clean – clean everything! A clean home will tell buyers that your home has been well cared for. We can provide you a list of people that we recommend for power washing driveways, etc.
- De-clutter – Clean out your closets and garage. The less stuff around the home the roomier it will appear. Put your extra stuff in storage, sell it, or donate it. Many charities will come and pick it up for you. Ask us for more details.
- Let the light in! Dark rooms feel small and gloomy. Open the blinds and pull back the curtains. Put brighter bulbs in al the lamps.
- Fresh air – get rid of any unpleasant odors. People are most often offended by odors from tobacco, pets, cooking, and musty or sour laundry. Use fresh flowers and potpourri to create positive smells. Other scents that create a good positive vibe include freshly baked bread or cinnamon.
- If it’s broken, fix it! Don’t give buyers any reason to offer a lower price than what you’re asking. Repair any pluming or electrical systems. If something can’t be repaired, then replace it. We can do a walk-thru your home with you to help you identify items that need to be repaired and/or replaced.
- Paint – A few cans of paint can really help improve the value of your home. Stick with neutral colors.
Are you ready to sell?
To learn about this home or more options in the Woodforest Community contact us below.
Click Woodforest Website to find out more about Woodforest.
About Blake Wilcox Properties
Blake Wilcox Properties is a boutique real estate firm servicing The Woodlands and all of Montgomery County. Blake Wilcox is the winner of the 5 Star Realtor Award from Texas Monthly Recently nominated for Best Realtor in The Woodlands and recently named Top Realtor of Woodforest.
How much is my home worth? Click here or call any of our team of expert agents if you would like to find out how much your home is worth.